Interested in getting recognized as a Professional Farm Leader in your area?
Contact CAFA for more information.
- Company: Boys Financial ServicesWilling to do Public Speaking?: YesPublic Speaking Topics:
Anything related to working with farm and small business families on sale, succession, retirement or estate planningRaised on a mixed farm in England, earned his National Diploma in Agricultural Engineering (Honors) in 1969, emigrated to Canada in 1970, worked in the farm equipment business for 27 years. He started in financial services in 1997, now in his 23rd year as a financial advisor in Central Alberta, as the financial quarterback for farm and small business families. Read more...
- Company: LifeLegacy Wealth Management Inc.Willing to do Public Speaking?: YesPublic Speaking Topics:
- Value of Fully Integrated Financial Advice
- Farm Succession & Intergenerational Transfers
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning & PreservationI am the president and co-founder of LifeLegacy Wealth Management Inc. an independent fee-for-service financial planning firm located in Red Deer, Alberta. We offer comprehensive financial planning services to our clients on a fully integrated basis (i.e. includes personal, corporate and family trusts). Our clientele is comprised of farmers, business owners, professionals and retirees. Services include: Investment Planning (Investment Management Read more...
- Company: Global Ag Risk SolutionsWilling to do Public Speaking?: YesPublic Speaking Topics:
- Farm Risk ManagementSpecializing in business risk management with Farms since 2010. This has included working with the AgriStability and Crop insurance with the Government and currently working with Global Ag Risk Solutions Production Cost insurance. I also have ownership and continue to be involved in the family farm located in SW Sask for the past 33 years. 9 years of serving farms Read more...
- Company: BDO Canada LLPWilling to do Public Speaking?: YesPublic Speaking Topics:
Accounting & Bookkeeping
CAP ProgramI love my job! The majority of my clients are proprietors who operate owner-managed, small to medium-sized businesses. I grew up on grain farm close to Swift Current, Saskatchewan and my spouse was raised on a dairy farm. As such, I understand the agriculture industry, the lifestyle and the business decisions that are required to run a successful operation. My Read more...
- Company: LEENSTRA Professional Corporation - Tax & Business AdvisoryWilling to do Public Speaking?: YesPublic Speaking Topics:
Opportunities, Pitfalls and Traps Accessing the Capital Gains Exemption on Qualified Farm Property
Effective Tax Planning on Succession for Farm Families
Effective Tax Planning for Farmers using Partnerships.
Tax Minimization Planning on Death for FarmersLeRoy is principal at Leenstra Professional Corporation, with over 20 years experience as a CA and more than 15 years as a specialist in taxation with specific expertise in Agriculture, Oil and Gas Service, Manufacturing and Professional services. LeRoy has served as an instructor for the CICA In-Depth Tax Course, Agriculture Tax Update for Alberta CPAs and various internal BDO Read more...
- Company: Alect EnterprisesI am president of Alect Seeds, a family run seed production and retail business in Three Hills AB. I began farming full time in 2011 with my parents and in 2015 we began a formal succession process. In my day to day work as a seed retailer, I help farmers choose the best seed varieties and crop types for their Read more...