Allan Sawiak joined Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP in 2000. As a Tax Partner, Allan specializes in the area of taxation with a focus on agricultural tax, family farmland and estate planning, as well as government agricultural programs. His expertise involves helping owners through different stages of the business cycle including acquisitions, divestitures and succession planning.
• Numerous CICA and other advanced tax courses – 1999 to present
• CAFA, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors – 2008
• Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta – 1993 to 1997
• Bachelor of Commerce with Distinction, University of Alberta – 1989 to 1993
Allan focuses on corporate and partnership reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, as well as income tax compliance; both personal and corporate. He also assists clients with estate and tax planning for owner-managed companies as well as personal and corporate tax planning for family farm operations.
Furthermore, Allan has conducted presentations on numerous tax topics to clients, staff, various financial institutions and the general public. He also supervises personal and corporate tax returns for farm clients as well as special farm programs eligible for family farm operations.
Selected Tax Experience:
• Restructured farm corporations and farm partnerships for various purposes including minimizing income taxes, planning divorce settlements, preparing for tax-effective sale of farm operations, estate planning, utilizing the capital gains exemption and maximizing government funding available under farm programs.
• Completed crystallization techiniques to make use of the capital gains exemption for individual land owners active and inactive in family farm operations.
• Determined specialized planning to assist family farming corporations to be transferred to next generations.
• Assisted farm family members to minimize tax on death, as well as take advantage of the capital gains exemption of minor children.
• Implemented estate freezes for corporate shareholders to transfer future growth to next generations while maximizing capital gain exemptions through family trusts.
• Represented tax payers to Canada Revenue Agency during audits and appeals, including the preparation of Notices of Objection.
• Completed tax-effective strategies to reduce taxes on owner-manager compensation.
Professional and Community Activities:
• Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (ICAA)
• Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
• Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors (CAFA)
• Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
• Member, Edmonton Lawyer and Accountant Tax Discussion Group
Member: Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Comments are closed.
Comments are closed.